Prep time : 20 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
|Easy Manchurian Recipes|
Manchurian is popular and favorable Chinese dish. This is really easy to make and test wise very yummy and delicious. When you eat these deep fried vegetable balls in a soya sauce based gravy…aaahhhh….. yummmyyyyyyyyy… Just dig into these deep fried delights and enjoy!
Oh yes…. We can also use Manchurian Dry as a starter to serve in party with green pest made from chillies – garlic – ginger and coriander leaves.
1. 2 cups finely chopped capsicum, cabbage, carrot, beans and spring onion (whites)
2. 2 tbsps maida
3. 2 tbsps cornflour
4. 1 tbsp ginger-garlic-green chilli paste
5. 1/4 tsp soya sauce
6. 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
7. warm water as required (less than 1/2 cup is needed)
8. salt to taste
9. Oil for deep frying
Ingredients for Gravy:
1. 1/4 cup spring onions finely chopped
2. 2 finely chopped green chillis
3. 1 ½ tbsps finely crushed garlic
4. 1/2 tbsp finely crushed ginger
5. 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
6. 2 tsps soya sauce
7. 1/2 tbsp chilli sauce
8. 2 tsps vinegar
9. 2 tbsps tomato sauce
10. 1 tsp brown sugar
11. salt as required
12. 1 tbsp oil
13. 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
Recipe for Dry Manchurian:
1. Heat oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed vessel.
2. In a bowl, combine maida, cornflour, salt, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, pepper pwdr, soya sauce, salt and all the finely chopped vegetables. Sprinkle little water to make a thick mixture. Add water little by little and use only as much water as required to form small balls. You should be able to make small balls.
3. Carefully put each ball into the hot oil. Reduce flame and deep fry the vegetable balls till cooked. Increase the flame towards the end of the cooking process and fry till they turn golden brown. Remove onto butter paper or plate and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a large wok and once the oil is piping hot, add the chopped garlic and stir fry for a few seconds. Add the green chillis and ginger and stir fry on high for a few seconds.
5. Add the spring onions and stir fry on high for 2 mints, constantly tossing them.
6. Add the vegetable balls and stir fry for another 3 mints. They should retain their crunch. Reduce to medium heat and add the brown sugar, soya sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce and vinegar. Mix well and cook for 2 mints. Add 3-4 tbsp of water and cook for 2 mints.
7. Toss on high flame for 1-2 mints. Turn off heat. Garnish with the chopped spring onion or coriander leaves.
Recipe for Gravy:
1. Mix a tbsp of cornflour in a little water. Keep aside.
2. After following step 5 above, add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and add the brown sugar, soya sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce and vinegar.
3. Add the cornflour water slowly and keep stirring till it takes a thick gravy like consistency. Cook for 1-2 mints. Turn off heat.4. Add the balls to the gravy at the time of serving. Garnish with chopped spring onion greens and/or coriander leaves.